I've had a spot of trouble getting my itinerary set. I had planned on having all these pretty graphs and maps and whatnot to post for beginning the journey, but Sunday night I studied until about 6:30am, and woke at 9am to begin the day and get my work and school done. I took a break for the Presidential Debates, but last night I was pretty hashed. With the storms and wind we've been getting here, I've indulged myself with a Rain Delay. My inner NASA has rescheduled my launch for Saturday, the 27th, but I'll start before then.
I did weigh in, though - and my beginning weight was 253.2 lb. Not going to check my BMI, yet. I did start dieting -- until we finished shopping for Halloween candy for the Trick'o'treaters, and I ate 3 Kit Kat bars. Still .. Cheerios and salad and wheat bagel was the other order of the day.
On Discussion topics - ay, ay, ay! That might be dangerous territory: I'm such a Western American male when it comes to politics, and it doesn't take much to set me off. I remember last year, how furious and rabid I became during the Congressional Hostage Crisis. Sadly, my political anger is usually not directed at the same things that anger my family, neighbors, and friends. Last night, during the Presidential Debate, I began getting so hot and angry at both candidates.
If we discuss the presidential election, I'll have to let you take the lead. I'll just end up burning up the bandwidth, I know I will. You're definitely more level-headed on these issues than I tend to be.
But, anyway, I did get off and running. Just with a bloated limp.

After I posted these ideas I came to the realization that these subjects might be a little hot to handle. Maybe a trial period on just the subject and not the politics of the subject. I think that this idea is a little late to do since the election is only two weeks away that does not give us much time to really get deep.
ReplyDeleteThat's a really good idea! Since we're both history fanatics, we could post riveting insights about this history of taxation and election context; or propose a microbiology research and development tax to pay for healthcare and medicaid (thus curbing the supply of pharmaceutical microbiological research and development, and thus curbing the supply of college students graduating university with microbiology degrees). Whew - I guess that about covers the economics portion of taxation supply and demand in the context of microbiology, eh????
ReplyDeletePS - lost 3 pounds thus far; mostly water, I'm sure, but I'm that much closer to Washington DC, Paris, and SOCHI!
ReplyDelete