Friday, October 19, 2012

As we commence

Current situation:

I have been sick for about one week now and unable to do much in the way of future progression with any of my day to day activities.  But I have been working on catching up on my reading for my Chemistry class, really hard, and trying to push my way through Genome, also a struggle since I go strong for a bit and then put the book to the side and forget about what I was reading and have to start over.  At least that means that I should be an expert on the basics of the human genome right?  

I have also been working for the school district and working with the cross country team.  I do not run, have never been a runner, and I am afraid my knees and shin splints will keep me from being a runner until I get back into the shape that I used to be in.  I did however start riding my bike twice a week to get things moving in the right direction.

As far as my extracurricular activities go I have been trying to find time to do what I like to do.  In my free time I have been reading text books, really fun right?  and I have been playing computer games, really constructive use of my time that one.  Needless to say I would like to do some more in regards to doing things that are constructive and not just a waist of time.  

I would like to propose:  for the election portion of our journey a look at the candidates views and a better understanding of the current conditions of these views and the proposed changes.  

Some examples:  
Taxes (not my favorite but could lead to interesting conversation)
Science funding
Women's rights (not just sexual but pay equality, health care, etc...) 
Governments role in day to day life
Education reform
general economics (because I don't understand a thing about macro-economics and would love to learn more)
Foreign Policies
etc....

I hope that we get some good dialogue going on these or any other topic in the next couple of weeks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment