Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crime Scene Investigation

I feel so bad that I haven't done anything to contribute to any blog for so long.  I feel like the laziest man alive considering that David handed me a gem of a topic and all, but with school winding down (both my actual schooling, and my work at the school) I felt I had no time to do much of anything.  One week down in summer and I finally have a bit of a clear head and feel so much more relaxed.  So with that being said it is time to start blogging in my full form again.  So to get down with this.

Crime- is anything that is done against another person's person, property, or welfare.  You could say that it was a crime to delay so long in typing this response considering that this blog and the family one used to bring me so much joy and a level of stress relief that I was unable to take part of.

Scene- Now I know this might be lame but a scene in the context of crime is the area that a crime took place.  It could be a room, a park, or in some cases a nation.  I know nation might sound weird but think of Nazi Germany and the crimes committed against people of the Jewish faith.  Another nation that has committed a crime that not many would think of is The United States.  I'm not unpatriotic, or anti government in any way but the idea of manifest destiny and the removal of indigenous tribes to spread our great society is seen by many as one of the greatest crimes of the last 200 years.  I still hold that Nazi Germany holds the prize for the greatest crime scene though.

Investigation-  We all know that an investigation is what occurs when something bad has happened.  People can be investigated for crimes they are thought to have committed, Crime scenes can be investigated for clues that will lead to people being investigated, and traffic accidents can be investigated to figure out why the plane went down, who was at fault in a fender bender, or how in the world did this happen. 

Like I said before I feel bad that it has taken me almost a month and a half to respond to this very kind category.  I am still looking forward to reading the story of Stallone and his island of paradise. 

Now to return the favor and send the categories to David:

Wright Brothers
Charles Lindbergh
Amelia Earhart

2 comments:

  1. Wow, dude! I didn't expect to read a new posting - very pleasant surprise. It was kind of an accident that I glanced at "Discourses" and saw that there were 28 posts. ("Weren't there 27?") Thanks. Interesting RE: your comments regarding scene of a National Crime. Henry Kissinger was on "Talk of the Nation" this afternoon, and they talked about Mao's Cultural Revolution, and the murder of 20 million Chinese citizens through that national purge. And speaking of China: THANK YOU for suggesting "Ip Man" - it turns out that our friends at China Buffet love that movie, and Leo (Liu) was able to tell me some very interesting things about Ip Man - plus he and the owner were excited that anybody actually knew who Ip Man was. (I loved the movie, and got my own copy.) So, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was just in the mood to continue our game now that things have settled down just a fraction. I am glad that you enjoyed the film, he was an incredible man. I missed Kissinger's interview I might need to go back and listen to the archive.

    ReplyDelete