I've been thinking about the connections on the assignment you gave me, and I made some indirect connections -- but it is very difficult for me, with Sly Stallone. I know he had (has?) property in Florida on Star Island, which is close to Hibiscus Island. Hibiscus (particularly peach hibiscus) is strongly used in Chinese herbology ... and the Xi Wangmu is a sort of Earth Mother archetype in Chinese mythology. These are sort of indirect connections, but a connection that is indirect is still a connection.
But when you posted your story, these disparate elements boiled into a sort of post-apocalyptic story in my brain -- especially with a character such as Sylvester Stallone might play. Possibly something along the lines of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. [Please ... not to groan?] Maybe something on the installment plan, like we used to do to pass the time driving back to Utah from Colorado.
I have been pressed for time this week, and I wanted to review a couple of Sly Stallone movies before I started submitting the mini-saga. Especially Cobra and Get Carter. (Yay.) I want to plagiarize a few pithy comebacks.
If you need an assignment to work on while I am immortalizing Sylvester Stallone in a field of hibiscus eating Chinese peaches of immortality, here you go ...
Interestingly, the letters my randomizer gave me were "C," "S," and "I." Kewl! I'll go easy on you this time, since I gave you a vicious swipe with the last connection:
Crime
Scene
Investigation
Good luck with school, everybody.
That last one was a difficult one to come up with anything, but I am equally at fault since mine was a sneaky way to get you back. Choosing the symbol of femininity and throwing in the king of the ring Rocky himself. I wanted to test you but also see what kind of connection you would make. It was fun to see the indirect connections that you made. Can't wait for the start of you script.
ReplyDelete