Sunday, November 28, 2010

The beginning

On a long but seemingly short drive from the heart of Emery County Utah to the heart of the Canyonlands my uncle and I started to bounce ideas about a paper I had due for a Humanities class.  While we were bouncing ideas around we started to deviate from the subject of Galileo and towards conspiracy, the beauty of the landscape, and even future thoughts and dreams for the both of us.  At some point during the journey we decided that we would have fun creating a blog to bounce our ideas off each other and stay connected to our tangent filled discourses on society, biology, pop media, and life in general.  Though I must admit that our conversations are usually filled with tangents and things that are in no way relevant to the subject we start off on, they are almost certainly relevant to our lives and the world that we live in.  I do not know for sure how many people will end up reading our posts but I have faith that it will benefit ourselves since that is really the intended audience is, well us.  So the rules of the blog were laid out as:  1.  Each author must post at least one thing a week, 2.  Each post must be a minimum of 300 words, 3. Even if you have nothing to say or vent you must post something, and 4.  Nothing is too sacred for the posting, but don't get too personal or push the boundaries of the other author.

That is how this blog came to be and how it will be handled, I hope that it is as enlightening as our conversations when we are in the same room.

No comments:

Post a Comment